Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Return to Singlehood.

Yes, I'm okay. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it sucks. Yes, I'm going to be fine.
I'm aware that there are other fish in the sea, and that God placed someone out there just for me (or me just for them). I appreciate having the support of my friends and family, but being bombarded with all of the cliches doesn't really help. The funny part about that is that we all know they don't help. We've all been where I'm at before, we all have heard them, and we all know that it doesn't actually make anyone feel any better.
My point: you don't always have to say something. You can just give me a hug, and let me sort through the knotted up yards of yarn in my head.
I will pray. I will eat (eventually). And I will love.
<3


Some {selfish} advantages to being single? I've started making a list in my mind:
sushi. I don't think I've ever seriously dated someone who loved sushi, leading me to eat much less of it when I'm dating someone.
hammocks. Two people never fit well together in a hammock.
"Omaha" by Counting Crows (or any other favorite song of the moment). Sometimes I like to play it on repeat, just because I like it, and other people don't tend to like hearing the same song over and over and over and...
Flirting with strangers. It's fun. It's exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment